Listening Level : LOW | Emily – My Village
1) Read the questions below
2) Listen to Emily talking about her village and answer the questions below.
3) Answer the questions.
4) Listen again to check your answers
5) Check your answer at bottom of page.
6) Listen again while reading the transcript
PLEASE ASK ANY QUESTIONS IN COMMENTS SECTION BELOW AND I WILL ANSWER YOU ASAP
1) Where is Emily´s village?
2) How many Siblings (brothers and sisters) does Emily have?
3) Does she live next door to her brother?
4) Where can you do lots of activities?
5) How often does her sister-in-law do Zumba classes?
6) What does she do on Mondays?
7) Where is the restaurant ?
8) Where does she work?
9) How many pubs are there?
10) What does she like doing in the park?
My name is Emily. I live in a nice village in the north-west of England. My brother, his wife and their children live there too, but I live on Scott Street and they live in centre of the village. We’re very happy here.
There are only a few shops and there isn´t always a lot to do. There’s a big community centre where you can do a lot of activities. My sister-in-law does Zumba classes twice a week, my brother plays badminton with his friends and I sing in the choir on Mondays.
The village has a small cinema where we can see films. Next to the cinema there’s a big restaurant. They make the most delicious sandwiches and pizzas. I sometimes have dinner with my family there.
I work in the local Green Grocer´s so everybody knows me in the village. There is a butchers next door and next to that, a supermarket.
In my village there are two pubs and a big park. There are lots of flowers and trees. I love jogging and riding my bike at weekends.
1) north-west of England
2) One brother
3) No, she doesn´t
4) Community centre
5) Twice a week
6) She sings in a choir
7) Next to the cinema
8) Green grocer´s
10) Jogging and riding her bike